On Jun 25, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Markus Spoettl wrote:

On Jun 25, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Keith Duncan wrote:
Be sure to redisplay your view when the window looses key-ness.

How would this be achieved? I've been trying to figure it out, I'm sure there's something simple eluding me.

It appears to me that the view/window will repaint when the hosting window looses/gains -isMainWindow status (at least my window does that).

That may be a fluke -- certain views might do this, but not all. It is best to watch the appropriate notifications for your window:

NSWindowDidBecomeKeyNotification && NSWindowDidResignKeyNotification

So all you need to do is using -backgroundColor dynamically, whenever you redraw the view. The background color changes automatically and you don't have to update manually.

Yes, that's correct. It is a magical color.

--corbin