On Aug 19, 2020, at 11:11 AM, Saagar Jha via Cocoa-dev
<cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:

> Which file are you modifying? The one in your source directory? Because the
> one that goes in the final product doesn’t get copied over until after you’ve
> lost most control over the build process (it’s done by Xcode after the normal
> build stages).

My build script generates the values for CFBundleBuildVersion,
CFBundleShortVersionString, and CFBundleVersion.  It uses PlistBudy to update
the values.  The plist it updates is

   # Run Script build phases that operate on product files of the target that
defines
   # them should use the value of this build setting [TARGET_BUILD_DIR].
   #
   INFO_PLIST="${TARGET_BUILD_DIR}/${INFOPLIST_PATH}”

Works a charm.

Marc