Anybody knows why, all of a sudden, when the keyboard will appear when editing
a UITextField or a UITextView, the entire screen seems to freeze? The app in
the debugger still to be still running but the interface seems frozen. Trying
to rotate doesn’t do anything. There are no errors displayed in the console. I
had text fields and text views that were working as usual, I made some changes
here and there and now, I can’t remember what I could have done that is causing
this problem. It looks like the runloop is not working. I have one case of
textfield in a tableview controller that is presented modally like this:

        self.loginController = [APP_DELEGATE.currentStoryboard
instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:@"LoginTableViewController"];
        self.loginController.nameTextField.text = lastAccountUsed;
        self.loginController.modalPresentationStyle =
UIModalPresentationFormSheet;
        [self presentViewController:self.loginController animated:YES
completion:nil];

From the login view controller:

- (void)viewWillAppear:(BOOL)animated
{
        [super viewWillAppear:animated];
        self.nameTextField.enabled = YES;
        self.nameTextField.text = @"";
        self.passwordTextField.enabled = YES;
        self.passwordTextField.text = @"";
        self.loginButton.enabled = NO;
}

- (void)viewDidAppear:(BOOL)animated
{
        [super viewDidAppear:animated];
        [self.nameTextField becomeFirstResponder];
}

This has worked for a long time and now, when the same code is executed, the
interface just freezes. I have another case of a view controller that is
presented as a popover and contains a UITextView. As soon as my code tries to
set the text view as first responder, the keyboard appears, the text insertion
point shows but does not blink.

I really don’t know what I did :/

Anybody has any idea?

-Laurent.