From the code sign man page:
codesign --display --verbose=4 Terminal.app

replace Terminal.app with your application name (be sure to unzip first). The
information shown will tell you whether it is has a valid signature.
You might try it on a few other apps just to see what that looks like.

Be sure that the customer copies the app from wherever they unzip it to the
Applications folder, or anyplace else. That will remove the quarantine on the
app.

As for checking Notarization, I don’t remember how, but there is a way. You
might explore the apps from Howard Oakley at his Eclectic Mac Light Company web
page. He has some very good tools that should show the security info.
The URL: https://eclecticlight.co <https://eclecticlight.co/>

We distribute our app in zipped form (no dmg). It is in an installer app that
the user unzips, then runs, usually at the same place where they unzipped the
file. No problems with GateKeeper in over two years of Notarization so far.

Jack