> On May 9, 2021, at 2:15 PM, Steve Mykytyn <smyky...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You're creating your own problem here.  If you are controlling what the
> configuration plist is, make it a dictionary at the top level with three keys
> and entries:

Yup.  I sure am.  Creating it because I want to solve it.

It’s a flavor of my white label architecture configuration that I created when
I rewrote SendWordNow in 2015.  The entailed moving the app into a framework
and had a white label launcher app that read a config file based on my stuff
from back in 1998 when I made a Director App wrapper engine and specially based
config files.  (I need to add more meaningless buzzwords. : D )

But this needs to be a more simple case tolerant as there are several apps that
I’m making for a client that can either start with a dictionary at the top of
the plist or an array and I need to make it forgiving for them.

> idString - something that confirms to you that this is one of yours
> array - the array you want in some cases
> dictionary - the dictionary you want in some cases.

I like this.  This can handle the next stage of security which is really going
to make people happy.

> Then you deserialize it, confirm it's one of yours, and branch on which of
> the latter two keys is not null.
>
> This kind of situation can arise if you are configuring multiple apps out of
> the same code base.
>
> If you're not controlling the configuration plist, just use
> NSPropertyListSerialization as noted previously and branch on what you get.

Lots of goodness here, Steve.  Thanks for giving me the reason to explain.  And
I can’t wait to tell the client about how we can now show that we are even more
security aware so that the sec eval team realizes that we are adding security
check boxes that we can check off.

Very nice.  I like this a lot.  Where should I send the check?

Cheers,
Alex Zavatone