When an uncaught exception is raised, I want to log some information about it but let it continue on as normal. But when I use NSExceptionHandler, an uncaught exception displays an "Internal Error" modal dialog with buttons "Show Details", "Crash", and "Continue". I don't see any explicit mention of this dialog in the API docs for NSExceptionHandler or in the "Exception Programming Topics" guide. I suppose that is what is meant when the documentation of the method setExceptionHangingMask: talks about cases that will "halt execution for debugging". But I set this mask to 0, so I would think it would never show the dialog, yet it does. I have an NSExceptionHandlerDelegate whose delegate methods always return NO, meaning do not handle or log the exception. Is there any way to just watch exceptions go by without showing this dialog?