My app, Cog (https://cog.losno.co <https://cog.losno.co/> /
https://github.com/losnoco/Cog <https://github.com/losnoco/Cog>) is hitting the
stack size limit of 512 KiB on macOS. I am not even making heavy use of local
variables. I am, however, making a lot of Cocoa object allocations and
deletions, and using several nested autoreleasepools, and somehow, this,
combined with the C/C++/assembly libraries my app is using for file decoding,
hits the stack size limit.

I had to raise it for some recent additions. The recent additions do not use
local variables most of the time. In fact, they all use new/delete or
malloc/free already for large memory allocations. Yet somehow, I am hitting the
stack size limit rather easily.

I wish there were some sort of tool in Instruments that could organize memory
allocations in use throughout the process by which ones are specific to the
stack, so I could locate why my stack size is so grossly inflated.

I've already added a bodge for file playback threads by invoking NSThread with
setStackSize before starting it, but I also hit the limit with metadata reading
threads, which are invoked by NSOperationQueue, where I don't have control over
the stack size limit.