> On Sep 22, 2023, at 11:12 AM, JPH via Cocoa-dev <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
> wrote:
>
> I am facing the following  problems  in drawing text  and graphics in
> CGContextRef of an NSview and Printing framework:
>
> 1) drawing text  using:  [finalString drawInRect:textBox
> withAttributes:attributes];
> Works nicely in my sub-classed NSViews  in  a  CGContextRef obtained in  the
> drawRect :  method with   CGContextRef viewCtx= [[NSGraphicsContext
> currentContext] CGContext];
> But draws nothing in a print context obtained
> PMSessionGetCGGraphicsContext(printSession, &ctx); //( geometry is perfectly
> previewed,Pdf’ed and printed except texts .. )
>
> 2) filling a bezier path with a pattern Color
>
> NSImage* nsPatImage= [[NSImage alloc] initWithCGImage:cgPatImage
> size:NSZeroSize];
> NSColor* patternColor= [NSColor colorWithPatternImage:nsPatImage];
> [patternColor setFill];
> [bezierPath fill];
>
> Works like a charm in the graphic context of NSView  and print nothing in a
> print context.
>
> I suspect this has something to do with the notion of  « Current context » ,
> as the context in NSView is explicitly the « currentContext »
> But not sure if  the printing  context is the « current  one » in the usual
> print sequence ;

Correct. The current context is an AppKit concept, and you are working below
AppKit in this code sequence – so you need to ensure the context is made
current yourself. So you need to create an NSGraphicsContext, push it, and pop
it, around your drawing code that relies on the current context. Since you pass
the CGContext to myDrawMethod:, you could do this inside that method.