On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Torsten Curdt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am getting the selected object from a controller (that is using bindings)
>
>  NSDictionary *accountSettings = [accountsController selection];
>
> The returned object is a proxy object. But why isn't the [accountSettings
> description] passed on?

There are probably a few good reasons for that.
1) Imagine debugging a Distributed Object application.  You pause the
execution and the debugger sends a million -description messages to
every object on the stack.  Probably not the best idea.
2) Without implementing -description for the proxy itself, you would
have no idea that an object was actually a proxy without inspecting
its isa pointer, which for all you know has been swizzled out anyway.

--Kyle Sluder