On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Alex Wait <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I had misspelled my action's name. I am still getting used to Obj C and it's
> ability to compile methods that haven't been declared. :)

You haven't specified what was misspelled (just the implementation or
the interface declaration as well) so I'll point out the following: if
you declare that instances of your class respond to -foo in the
@interface block, but then in your @implementation block do not define
-foo (through misspelling or negligence) then the compiler should warn
you that you have an incomplete class definition.  Always heed this
warning.  In fact, always heed all warnings.  Of course, if you didn't
specify -foo in your class's interface, you won't get this message.

If the problem was in your nib, IB may be able to warn you that you
specified an incorrect action.  If you directly connect a view to a
target and specify an action that the object doesn't claim to respond
to (again, misspelling or neglecting to type the action as IBAction
are the most common culprits) then IB will throw up a warning.  But if
you connect the view to First Responder, IB has no idea what objects
are in the responder chain and can't provide this helpful warning.

The point I'm trying to make is to always heed warnings and fix them.
As a beginner, in particular, you should probably turn on "Treat
Warnings as Errors" in your target settings, so that you can't ignore
compiler warnings.

--Kyle Sluder