On Jun 27, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Tito Ciuro wrote:

As Matt also points out, the documentation is not always crystal- clear, so I was simply trying to answer Sam's specific question. Since not all APIs behave the same way I added the link to the "Memory Management Programming Guide for Cocoa" page, hoping to help Sam. In any case, it was never my intention to spread inaccuracies :-)

And I thought it was me who couldn't figure out from the documentation.

Could I assume if the doc does not mention releasing the memory, then I don't have to worry about it?