On Jun 28, 2008, at 12:36 AM, Michael Kaye wrote:

I have implemented an SCNetworkReachAbility based method to test firstly whether a network is available, but I was wondering in your opinion what is the best way to check that the remote host/website is responding to requests?

It depends on what your definition of availability is. If you want to ping the server you can wrap a ping command through NSTask. If you want to check if it responds to connections, NSURLConnection is for you. If you want to check if the system is connected to the internet you would use the api for that.

You probably just want to open an NSURLConnection and see if it doesn't accept the connection within a second or whatever.

Omar Qazi
Hello, Galaxy!
1.310.294.1593