On 28/06/2008, at 2:41 PM, Chris Hanson wrote:

On Jun 27, 2008, at 7:25 PM, Steven Hamilton wrote:

[[NSNotificationCenter defaultCenter] addObserver:self selector:@selector(buildSourceList) name:@"NSManagedObjectContextObjectsDidChangeNotification" object: [self.document managedObjectContext]];

Notification names should always use the global variables declared for them, not a constant string.

There is never any guarantee that the value of a notification name is identical to its name.

Whether this is your issue, I don't know. How did you create your document's window controllers and ensure that it knows about them?

Thanks. That seems to have fixed it. This also gives me a big clue to a similar bug I've to chase next.