On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Papa-Raboon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So I did this and changed the header file for my mainController to
> take the NSTextView into consideration by changing:
>
> IBOutlet NSTextField    * theNotes;
>
> to:
>
> IBOutlet NSTextView     *theNotes;
>
> I then built and ran the project and surprise surprise it didn't work.
> In Xcode I get the following:
> warning 'NSTextView' may not respond to '-stringValue'
> (Messages without a matching method signature will be assumed to
> return 'id' and accept '...' as arguments.).
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong please anyone.

Look at the documentation for NSTextView.  Notice how it doesn't
implement -stringValue?  Neither do any of its superclasses.
Therefore you can't send an NSTextView a -stringValue message and
expect anything meaningful.  NSTextView does inherit from NSText,
though, which responds to -string by returning the backing store.

Do read the documentation for the Cocoa Text System.  NSTextView is
different from (and far more powerful than) NSTextField.

--Kyle Sluder