I'm implementing DnD in an NSBrowser for 10.4. The Problem I have is to enable the Column selection (Blue line around the column), to show to the user that the drag-in is indeed working + its destination. I'm thinking in the line of using – draggingUpdated from my NSMatrix subclass used in the Browser to trigger that highlight.

1) How can highlight a specific column in the NSBrowser?

2) The other problem I see is that draggingUpdated is only triggered as the drag moves within the NSMatrix, not the entire column which includes the NSMatrix.

Any help really appreciated