I'm not too familiar with NSDateFormatter. Do you need to call - setDateFormat:?

--Andy

On Jun 30, 2008, at 2:35 PM, Steve Byan wrote:

I'm having trouble grokking NSDateFormatter on OS X 10.4. Does it support RFC822-style dates? I'm parsing an XML document; here's the pertinent code snippet:

       NSLog(@"observation_time_rfc822 element end");
NSDateFormatter * dateFormatter = [[NSDateFormatter alloc] init]; [dateFormatter setFormatterBehavior:NSDateFormatterBehavior10_4]; myObservationTime = [dateFormatter dateFromString:myCurrentStringValue];
       NSLog(@"myObservationTime %@", myObservationTime);
myObservationTimeRFC822 = [[NSString alloc] initWithString:myCurrentStringValue];

The myObservationTimeRFC822 string is "Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:56:00 -0400 EDT", but NSLog(@"myObservationTime %@", myObservationTime) prints "myObservationTime 1969-12-31 19:00:00 -0500".

Best regards,
-Steve

--