To be honest this is rather a large and open-ended question, a bit like "how do I program a computer?" ;-)

Depending on what you want to do you might find a framework such as my own DrawKit useful, though I have to warn you it's probably not ideal for complete beginners with Cocoa. It will however handle much of the basic creation (interactively) of objects in a drawing which could well be a large part of what a flowcharting program would need to do. You would, of course, be left with the task of turning those basic objects into specific types that knew about flowcharting and implementing a suitable data model for that.

http://apptree.net/drawkitmain.htm

If you do decide to go this route, you'll get a lot of help from myself and others with specific points on the DK mailing list, and general cocoa-related questions on this list.

hth,

cheers, Graham