Hi Jedis,

Here is my problem: my application now have a main nib file MovieDocument.nib with its FileOwner MovieDocument.mm(We used AVCVideoServices which requires to be in a c++ source file). I need to send messages to the methods in MovieDocument.mm from other classes in the project(I have many other windows and also corresponding controllers), so i need a way to access the movieDocument globally.

One example: there is another controller VideoController.m which contains some measurement methods on the movie loaded in movieDocument. Once we finish the measurement in VideoController, we need to update the movie in MovieDocument, where we need to send message to the methods in MovieDocument.

This is from VideoController.m

- (void)writeMeasureOutput:(MeasureView *)sender
{
        // Some measurement code here...

        object = [[movieDocument measureView]   whatsNext];

        NSLog(@"Next measurement: %@",object);

}

Such calls should be used in many other controllers in the projects. So the instant of MovieDocument should be accessed globally.

I have tried to instantiate MovieDocument in MovieDocument.h, but it is clearly wrong since when the header file is imported, the instant will be created once.

So any suggestion on this problem? Thanks in advance!