Hi There,

I have been scratching my head and trying everything to get this to
work and as a noob I find the docs a bit sparse of real world
examples.

I am trying to get performSelector: withObject: afterDelay to work but
not sure what to stick where.

I have a bit of static text I set with a value of: @"record Added"
with the following: [complete setStringValue:@"Record added"]; and I
want it to disappear after 3 seconds and I thought the easiest way
would be to just change the value to: @"" with a timer.

Currently I have this: [self setStringValue:complete withObject:@""
afterDelay:3.0];

Which doesn't seem to work and has the following warning:

'mainController' may not respond to '-setStringValue:withObject:afterDelay:'

What am I doing wrong please and what should my code really be?

Cheers
Paul