As a general rule, the tracking rects are smaller then the whole window, and technically need the mouse to enter/exit, which I don't see happening, if they are the same size.

Try something like:
[[mWindow contentView] addTrackingRect:NSInsetRect([mWindow frame], [mWindow frame].size.width/4.0, [mWindow frame].size.height/4.0)
                                        owner:self

Which will create a tracking rect 1/2 the size of the window, centered.
The owner is the one who gets the callback, which is your class.