Hi all,

I think I've hacked myself into a corner and I could use some advice / clarity in getting out of it.

I am trying to build a tool that uses multiple views inside one window as well as additional windows when appropriate.

The code for changing between views (changeViewController and displayViewController) lives in the App Delegate class. This class has the outlet to the window that all the views are shown in. This class is also the delegate for the File's Owner in my main menu nib.

I then have NIBs for each different view. Each NIB has a corresponding viewcontroller class which is the class for the File's Owner of that NIB.

When the application launches an initial view is loaded and displayed in the window from within the App Delegate class. The problem I then have is that I can't work out how to change to another view. Any methods I try and use are sent to the viewcontroller class for that view and not the App Delegate.

The examples that I started out from all used a control outside of the view. For example, the view was loaded into a box in the window, and outside that box was an NSPopUp that you could use to switch views. I understand how this works, as this control sends messages to the App Delegate. This then has the code to change the view, and it also has the outlet to the window and the box, so it can update these.

Is there a way for the viewcontroller class to receive the change view request from the user and forward that to the App delegate class? Or is this the wrong way to do it?

Any pointers to reading on the correct way to do this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
--
Wayne Pascoe    (gpg --keyserver www.co.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys 79A7C870)
Hanlon's Razor: