On Jul 8, 2008, at 2:06 AM, Evan Gross wrote:

t probably should, though - otherwise all you're seeing is the Dictionary
service taking advantage of it's "power" to get something it needs via
accessibility. It tries a number of things to both succeed and get the best attribute and positioning information it can from the underlying app. If
accessibility fails, it tries TSM, and vice-versa.

But it definitely doesn't *require* that the app implement the various
text-related accessibility support. For example, it works fine in BBEdit (a Carbon app), access enabled or not, as BBEdit does not support access to its document's textual contents via accessibility at all. But it's got great
support for text input via TSM/TSM DocAccess CarbonEvents.

Then why does the Dictionary service work with my view if I implement Accessibility, and not work with it if I don't?

Charles