>  Same goes for -add: ... You'll need to force the array controller to
> -rearrangeObjects before asking the tableView to reload. If you're
> using Core Data, you'll probably also need to force a -fetch: before
> calling -rearrangeObjects, though I don't know for sure.
>
>  This forces the array controller to do its thing right then and
> there. Of course short-circuiting the mechanism like that can cause
> validation problems, so be careful ...

  Sorry! I'm not thinking straight ... you will need to directly use
the -addObject: and -insertObject:atArrangedObjectIndex: methods
rather than -insert: or -add: for the above to work. This takes affect
immediately (but must still be rearranged via -rearrangeObjects).

   Also, you need to use the index of the newly-inserted object in the
array controller's -arrangedObjects array, not its contents (so you
get the correct row to edit in the table).

--
I.S.