On Jul 11, 2008, at 7:59 PM, Bill Bumgarner wrote:
id mGrid;

... you would be indicating to the compiler that mGrid might potentially respond to any method ever seen.

I'm either misunderstand what you're saying or something is wrong with my compiler because this:

    id bar;

    [bar foo:NSZeroRect super:nil underConstruction:YES];

triggers a compiler warning for me (Xcode 3.0):

    warning: no '-foo:super:underConstruction:' method found

The only thing that removes that warning (for me) is an informal protocol on NSObject that declares the method.

Markus