On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Marcel Weiher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No, the inline reference count is available for all CF objects, and not
> limited to 64 bit.
> What version of the structure are you looking at?  For example
>  http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?HowToCreateTollFreeBridgedClass shows this
> version, which matches what I got from opensource.apple.com

I was looking at:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/projects/apsl/CF-476.10/CFRuntime.h

It defines:

typedef struct __CFRuntimeBase {
    uintptr_t _cfisa;
    uint8_t _cfinfo[4];
#if __LP64__
    uint32_t _rc;
#endif
} CFRuntimeBase;

I guess this isn't the right one, then.

To Gary, about 16-bit refcounts, I'd imagine that there's some logic
in there where if you hit 0xFFFF, it considers that to be a flag to
use an external refcount instead, at the cost of some speed.

Mike