On 13 Jul '08, at 12:15 PM, Stefan wrote:

could anybody provide a pointer to a SOAP server framework - one with low impedance gap regarding ObjC/Cocoa?

It's possible that WebObjects has SOAP support, but I don't know for sure.

While there is much Java stuff available, I wonder why Apple never provided a SOAP server
implementation or a real Cocoa SOAP implementation.

SOAP is by now primarily an enterprise technology; outside that environment REST is predominating. (Note that version 2.0 of Ruby On Rails removes the SOAP support but enhances REST.) Apple hasn't put much priority on enterprise developer technologies (see also the lack of ODBC adapters in Cocoa.) There is some client side support in CF, though.

—Jens