On Jul 14, 2008, at 7:07 AM, Aman Alam wrote:

I want to show some detail about items that is in child object without expanding the disclosure button.

They're called "tooltips" and you should most definitely use them. Alternatively, selecting the parent can reveal summary child data in a separate "detail" view.

Either way would be the expected UI in a Mac application but if your app behaved as you describe it, I'd consider it broken and join the flood of "bug" reports you're likely to get from users. Or I'd just delete the app if it wasn't otherwise excellent or indispensable.

--
I.S.