Hi All,

(I tried posting to the Disc-Recording List, but no replies.)

I have been troubleshooting an issue where I burn a DVD and the burn process happens, but the resulting disc is unreadable once burned. I insert the disc after burning and I am told it is unreadable.

This never happened except on Leopard.

I am doing something similar to the following:

        [burn setLaunchPath:@"/usr/bin/hdiutil"];

[burn setArguments:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"burn",imagePath,burnVerify,@"-speed",burnSpeed,@"- verbose",@"-noforceclose",@"-device",drivePath,nil]];

// And release the DRDevice here, just in case another application is holding it reserved. [[DRDevice deviceForIORegistryEntryPath:drivePath] releaseExclusiveAccess]; [[DRDevice deviceForIORegistryEntryPath:drivePath] releaseMediaReservation];

        [burn setStandardOutput:pipe];
        [burn setStandardError:errorPipe];
        handle=[pipe fileHandleForReading];
        errorHandle=[errorPipe fileHandleForReading];

[progressMessage setStringValue: NSLocalizedStringFromTable(@"BURN_DIALOG_11_KEY", @"Localized", nil)];

[NSThread detachNewThreadSelector:@selector(copyStdOut:) toTarget:self withObject:handle]; [NSThread detachNewThreadSelector:@selector(copyStdErr:) toTarget:self withObject:errorHandle];

        [burn launch];

Can anyone provide advice?