Stefan Arentz wrote:

Hi Jon

Just an aside - does Hillegass, Third Edition teach you Core Data?
The blurb on Amazon says it does but when I looked at the index online it didn't mention Core Data.

No it does not teach you Core Data.

There are two Core Data chapters but they are more 'click here, type that, drag this, connect it to that' style chapters to get a simple Core Data application going. Which is fine to get started but it basically contains zero information about Core Data APIs.

I disagree. There is a lot of click here, drag this, etc., but would say I learned how to create simple Core Data apps, and I understand pretty much how the process works. My project right now is a to-do list program whose basic saving, undos, etc. is handled by Core Data.

I think you're right, though, about the APIs. You learn how to _use_ it, but not why and how it works the way it works.

Of course, that's what Apple's documentation is great for. (Among other things.)

Daniel