On Jul 15, 2008, at 09:51, Steve Green wrote:

On Jul 15, 2008, at 3:15 AM, Scott Anguish wrote:
On 14-Jul-08, at 7:36 PM, Steve Green wrote:

It is not the case.. they both use bindings but in the case where I only see 1 button, the NSTextField and bindings are created programatically. Neither bind through controllers.

why? (NS*)Controller(s) are very important, especially in cases such as this (controls that don't necessarily update their content automatically)

I tried binding through an NSObjectController and I'm still missing the other button.

I don't remember what details you gave at the start of this thread, but is the difference a result of different binding options? "Validates immediately" springs to mind as one that might possibly affect the number of buttons in the validation dialog, and it's one I often forget to set even when I know I want it.