Robert,

Am 18.07.2008 um 16:25 schrieb Robert Martin:

In the next line, you reassign vAttributes to the contents of your iVar dictionary. Nothing points to that alloc'd dictionary in the first line anymore.

Since vAttributes now points to an autoreleased dictionary, attempting to release it will cause a crash.

THAT makes sense, I just didn't realize that "objectForKey" returns an autorelease object! I just removed the first allocation of "vAttributes" what fixes the problem.

Promised, I'll try to master the debugger as well. Currently I'm able to trace the code and track my variables, but allocation / release pools are still a challange ...

Thanks, guys!

Mattes