hi,

I have some questions related to CALayer drawing. I want to be able to display images, text, 2D graphics or a PDF page. I'm able to display an image by directly setting the contents property using a CGImageRef or subclassing CALayer, overriding display and sending setNeedsDisplay, but nothing I do seems to trigger the call to drawInContext. I've tried using a delegate for the CALayer and subclassing CALayer, but drawInContext never gets called. Is there something fundamental that I'm missing?

tia,

Bob