I have a tableView with one column containing an NSNumber. This tableView is
bound to an array and an arrayController is used as well.

In the case of the unsigned NSNumber 2481864868 (signed -1813102428)...

Sometimes when I load my array from the plist it shows up as the positive
value, and sometimes the negative value. It seems quite random.

My arrayController has a binding for the content and I load my array from
the plist into this variable.

When I look in the plist editor (the array is written to a plist), the value
is always negative.

I need to use the positive value in my code so I use:

[[dict objectForKey:@"myVal"] unsignedLongValue]

When I set values into the array I use:

[dict setObject:[NSNumber numberWithUnsignedLong:myVal] forKey:@"myVal"];

When I do this the value in the table shows up correctly as a large positive
value.

So how do I force my table to always show the positive one when it initially
loads?

Thanks,

Trygve