On Jul 24, 2008, at 6:16 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

i have an NSTableView that uses a data source (no bindings, but i don't think this is relevant). one column uses a custom cell that is actually a subclass of NSTokenFieldCell (but i don't think this is relevant either). i draw this cell differently depending on whether or not the row it is in is the table's selected row. (and i only allow one row at a time to be selected.)

if i don't use any NSTrackingAreas, everything works as i want/expect.

however, if i set up some tracking rects for my custom cell, then things don't work properly. i am using the techniques from the sample PhotoSearch app. by "don't work properly," what i mean is that if i select a row by clicking in one of the NSTrackingAreas, the cell draws as if the row isn't selected. if i don't click inside one of the tracking rects, but click elsewhere in the row, then my custom cell draws properly, ie in its highlighted state.

since this is my first use of NSTrackingArea, i wouldn't be surprised if its something i'm doing. are there known interactions between NSTrackingArea a clicks in the tracking area? can anyone suggest how i can proceed?

No; none --- it is probably something wrong with your cell drawing code. Can you post it here? I'll take a look at it.

corbin (I wrote that demo -- note, I think there are a few bugs in the tracking area code of the demo that I need to fix up, but this isn't one of them)