On 25 Jul 2008, at 17:21, Garrett Bjerkhoel wrote:

I have a NSOutlineView hooked up to a NSTreeController, which has multiple entities inside of it. I would like to know how to set it up having each entity having its own "group". I have downloaded Jonathan Dann's example, which compiles but freezes. I can see how his Core Data model works, but I already have mine set.

Haha! That's great, sorry about that. I'm interested to know where it freezes, can you tell me more so I can fix it, please!

Can you explain what you model looks like in a little more detail, and what you mean by each entity having its own group. Do you want a single group node entity or multiple group nodes as well as multiple child node entities?

Do I need to have both of my entities have a parent entity in which my NSTreeController reads from that one parent entity?

If I understand you correctly, the general concept it to have a single abstract "TreeNode" entity. This is the entity that the tree controller concerns itself with, you then can make as many concrete entities as you like that inherit from your abstract one.

Jonathan

www.espresso-served-here.com