I have a custom NSView that contains as an instance variable a color. If I set the color in init as lineColor = [NSColor blueColor]; all is well. If instead I use [NSColor colorWithCalibratedRed: 0.5 green: 0.5 blue: 1.0 alpha: 1.0], the program crashes if I try and access or change the color later. The initial draw using it is just fine. But the next time it's redrawn or if I change the color, everything crashes. I have the exact same problem in 2 completely different applications. I'd like to be able to initialize the colors with something other than the default redColor, blueColor, etc. I've also tried one or two of the other ways to specify values and have had the same problem. Any ideas on what's going on?

Ashley Perrien