I'm trying to learn to use bindings. Right now, I'm adapting the venerable RaiseMan example in the 3rd edition of Mr. Hillegass' book. Of course, in RaiseMan, the NSArrayController and the corresponding array and its objects are bound to a table view. What I'm trying to do is bind to an NSTextView that is the backing of an NSScrollView.
Each object in my array has its own @properties, of course.
Each object has an NSString in it, which I want to use as the text for the TextView. Just to see what happens, in my nib I've got these bound both to a table view as well as a text view.
The table view behaves as you would expect.
The text view gives really bizarre results. It resembles an NSLog description of an array. Editing directly in it, gives identical changes to all objects in the array. Sometimes the results of editing directly in the text view are just strange!

Any tips on how this should be done? Am I possibly missing something in my key path or missing some other intermediary thing?

The code is identical to the 3rd edition RaiseMan, but with no numeric values, only working with strings. (thus the table view has only one column and headings are not important.)

Oops, perhaps I mailed too soon! Somethings became apparent by tinkering. Changing the Controler Key to 'selection' rather than 'arrangedObjects' seems to make a big difference. I'm still finding bindings to be a bit mystifying. I know what they're doing conceptually. I just don't get the lingo used and some of the organization used. It sure would be nice if there was some sort of humanly intuitive version more like Ruby and Rails and ActiveRecord things... (maybe when MacRuby comes around)