Hi Jeff,

Replacing that source URL with a random HTTP URL before loading *did* do the trick. Thank you very much, you saved me a lot of trouble!

I have to say I'm still not sure why this URL matters to load the page since the entire contents/data are already in the local archiv. the URL doesn't need to be accessed, does it...

And as far as "x-msg" goes, it's apparently the URL scheme Mail.app declares when exporting part of a message to the pasteboard. Not sure what the number refers to however.

Thanks for your help,

Nicolas