On 28 Jul 2008, at 1:52 pm, Omar Qazi wrote:

To be honest, I don't know if this will work, since I don't know if containsObject is checking if the argument is a pointer to an object in the array, or if it is equal to the object, but it's better than nothing, I guess.

From the docs:

containsObject:
Returns a Boolean value that indicates whether a given object is present in the receiver.

- (BOOL)containsObject:(id)anObject

Parameters

anObject
An object.

Return Value
YES if anObject is present in the receiver, otherwise NO.

Discussion
This method determines whether anObject is present in the receiver by sending an isEqual: message to each of the receiver’s objects (and passing anObject as the parameter to each isEqual: message).

Availability
        • Available in Mac OS X v10.0 and later.