On Jul 30, 2008, at 9:31 PM, Bill Bumgarner wrote:

In a Cocoa document based application, how do you stop it from initially opening an "empty" document on start up?

(I'm using a core data application if it matters).

Implement...

- (BOOL)applicationShouldOpenUntitledFile:(NSApplication *)sender;

... and return NO.

This method goes on your application delegate.

Now if only Interface Builder would do the same, and stop showing the template chooser window every time.... It drives me *insane*

--
Seth Willits