On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Dale Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I looked at the list of mailing lists and none of them seemed appropriate,
> so if someone can point me to a better resource, many thanks.  I'll include
> the problem, in case anyone knows that's going on.

  Your suspicions are correct - this isn't at all Cocoa-related so
this list is no more appropriate than any of the others. I couldn't
see a good fit for this problem in the "list list" myself, so I
sympathize. :-)

  Normally, when there's some sort of problem like this which you
suspect is a bug or otherwise abhorrent / undesirable behavior, you'd
file a bug report at:

http://bugreport.apple.com

  Then, DTS can handle it or tell you how you've misunderstood
something. ;-) Unfortunately that appears to be the only 'official'
channel available for your issue. There are, however, the discussion
forums on Apple's support site. Perhaps the problem (and possible
work-around) is discussed there.

--
I.S.