Am Do,31.07.2008 um 07:08 schrieb vince:

thanks,
I have a tableView with two columns. Column one lists arbitrary input
numbers. Column two lists monetary (dollar) vales. I want to display the
total running sum of column one in a textField and the dynamic (total)
monetary value of column two in a separate textField at the bottom of the
application, much the same as a spreadsheet function.

Can I accomplish this using bindings? If not can someone explain?
If you use an array controller for that list (you do), you can use the @-operators of the array controller. To get a sum of the arranged objects, you enter this binding for the textfield:

Bind to: yourRowController
Controller Key: arrangedObjects
Model Key Path: @sum.attributeWithValue

thanks and sorry about the rudimentary question ...

v.

Amin Negm-Awad
[EMAIL PROTECTED]