On 1 Aug '08, at 2:49 PM, Markus Spoettl wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how I might be able to do something like Mail.app does displaying a spinning progress indicator as part of an outline item. Is this a custom cell type that AppKit doesn't have or is it something that's already there waiting to be used? I'd be grateful is someone could push me in the right direction.

I think Mail uses a custom cell type. There's a 3rd party open-source implementation by Andreas Mayer, at
        http://www.harmless.de/cocoa-code.php