Hi I'm sorry, it's not a confusion, it's only a bad knowledge of C, and
"pointers" are not understood, NS and what about CF or every-prefix in the world
 of frameworks gtk_object ... kobject ...

#include <stdio.h>

long __auto_increment = 0;

typedef struct {
        long *addr;
        void *value;
} Object;

Object ObjectNew(void *value) {
        Object obj;
        long i = __auto_increment++;

        obj.addr = &i;
        obj.value = value;

        return obj;
}

int main (void) {
        Object obj;
        Object *obj_1;
        Object *obj_2;

        char *value = "hello world!";
        obj = ObjectNew(value);

        obj_1 = &obj;
        obj_2 = obj_1;

        printf("obj_1.addr = %x, obj_1.value = %s \n",
                obj_1->addr, obj_1->value);

        printf("obj_2.addr = %x, obj_2.value = %s \n",
                obj_1->addr, obj_1->value);

        return 0;
}

--