thanks for the response. Adding the property is straight forward. The key parts that are not clear to me are:

1) how exactly do you set up a predicate to walk an extra entity to get to the target entity.

2) how do you specify the destination entity. pass it to [NSFetchRequest setEntity:] and pass that fetch request to [NSFetchedPropertyDescription setFetchRequest:]? I would assume in my example that my destination entity is the story.

-James Gregurich
Engineering Manager
Markzware