On Monday, August 04, 2008, at 02:42PM, "I. Savant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I think the long on-list discussion(s) you mentioned about the
>documentation kept pointing back to the feedback mechanism. This isn't
>really the place to complain if you expect results. Post feedback,
>contact DTS, et cetera. Posting it on-list really only amounts to
>noise, since everyone has their opinions and it's pretty clear those
>opinions are evenly polarized.

During the discussion there were numerous people that felt that the
documentation was just fine the way it was, and they wanted explicit examples
of where the documentation failed.  At the time I couldn't remember any
specific examples, but I know that I quite often feel frustrated by the
documentation.  So I decided that the next time I had a good example, I would
post it to the list, along with a request for how other people use the
documentation to figure out the answer for themselves.

Frankly, I think asking other Cocoa programmers about how to use the Cocoa
documentation effectively, using a specific example to examine the question, is
a perfectly legitimate use of the Cocoa Developer's list - I certainly don't
appreciate you appointing yourself high judge of what is and isn't appropriate.