The TwoManyControllers sample code does what you want I think mostly generated from declarative as far as I can see

On 4 Aug 2008, at 06:41, Graham Cox wrote:

This is not any thing to do with NSSplitView as such. You're asking "how to implement a master-detail interface". Try doing searching on those terms, phrase or a variation of it, I'm sure it's been well- covered.

The essentials are - detect the selection change in the master view, use it to update the contents of the detail view. Beyond that it's hard to give much concrete advice as there are about four million ways to implement this. You do have to do it yourself however.

hth,

Graham