> But splitting everything up leads
> to big confusion. You should think about the reason why you "need" to split
> it up and why you "need" to make it visible in behavior/interface. Are there
> any benefits at all?

  Nicely put. I wasn't (and still am not) sure if this is a
requirement for some good reason but I agree 100%. If it's not
necessary for the user to know that the computation and its resulting
logging action are two separate threaded operations, then they most
certainly shouldn't be burdened with that visual info.

--
I.S.