Thanks! For some reason I was finding it extremely hard to find the answer in the docs.

Mike

On Aug 4, 2008, at 8:55 PM, Jonathan Hess wrote:

Hey Mike -

The implementation of the property will manage the retaining and the releasing. You only need to worry about sending retain and release messages manually if you access the instance variable directly (not through a property). The only place you would typically need to do that would be in your dealloc method.

Jon Hess