Am Di,05.08.2008 um 20:41 schrieb Bill Bumgarner:

On Aug 5, 2008, at 11:19 AM, Elan Feingold wrote:
I can load the principal class of a bundle with:

NSBundle* bundleToLoad = [NSBundle bundleWithPath:@"..."];
Class exampleClass = [bundleToLoad principalClass]);

However, I have a situation where I have a bundle that has a class *without* a principal class, but it has a class that is a subclass of a specific other class. Is there any way to iterate through classes offered by a bundle and pick out the ones that derive from a specific superclass?

"class *without* a principal class" doesn't make sense.

- all bundles have a principal class, automatically (and semi- randomly) chosen if you don't specify it

- all classes have a super class (unless it is a root class)

If you go to the target inspector's Properties tab in your Xcode project, you can specifically set the bundle's principal class.

b.bum
If I understood this mail correct, he has a bundle with a class C, which is not the principal class, but a (single?) subclass of another (propably abstract?) class T (which can change). He does not know the name of C and tries to iterate through all classes in the bundle to find it.

- (Class)loadSubclassOfClass:(Class)T {
// ???
}

IIRC, somebody wrote code to extract classes (on a first step class names) from a bundle. I couldn''t google it. :-(

I understand the problem, that he does not know the subclass C of the bundle class T in the loading application. But the programmer of the bundle knows "his" class hierarchy. So he can write a principal class with the intention to return all classes in that bundle. The principal class only needs a class methode +myClassHierarchy.

Amin

Amin Negm-Awad
[EMAIL PROTECTED]